Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Finals Week blog

Alright so I know I haven't blogged for a long time (I've been meaning too I promise) So I thought I would blog while I had some free time left. My biology prof. said a while back that we are dumber than we could be and I have pondered that quote many times thinking what he means exactly by that. But today during biology he opened my eyes on a new subject, he was talking about the nervous system and emotions and how out of all the emotions we have fear is the top when we are hungry if we are scared and running for our life we are no longer hungry because we are scared for our safety, he then asked the question is the educational system that we run a fear based education or a joy based education and most of the class replied fear and I agreed with them because the put us under a ton of stress and expect us to finish all these assignments at a certain deadline, his reply to our reply was that he hopes it becomes a joy based education to some of us, and then talked about how you should take classes that your passionate about because then things become more and more easier for you and not to take classes that people tell you to. I then thought about that and how you should apply this thought to everyday things don't take a job because other people say it is a good job think about the job and if your really passionate about it take it. And if your majoring in something that the only reason your majoring in it is because it makes good money then try and find another job because then you're stuck with a career you hate for the rest of your life just because you wanted a few extra bucks, I'm in a job that I'am passionate about Nursing sure I'm made fun of for taking on the feminine job but still in the end its a job I feel I have wanted to take, which was helping out. So that is all I can think to tell you. Also I'm done with Spanish!!! woot woot.

2 comments:

Marf said...

Smile and be happy, the semester is almost over! I do hope you find joy in your education and job. Do things that make you happy. Oh, and you make me happy, if that helps.

Becka said...

I think you've become insightful in your old age. You're right, getting a job just to be rich is lame, how many rich people do you know with cool stories (That's what I always say.)? Good luck with the mursing!