Saturday, December 27, 2008

Embrace your inner child.

So I'm downloading the first season of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, so it was bound to happen that I would think back to the old days when I was a kid and all the things that I used to do with or without my friends. Plus all the music that I listened to back then, and when I think about the music that I listened to when I was a kid I notice a huge change in taste of music from then to now.
Some of the things I enjoy watching when I was a kid were:

  • Animaniacs (I don't think I spelled that right)
  • Pokemon (just for a bit)
  • Power Rangers (just the old ones)
There was not a lot of shows I watched unlike most kids I only had the local channels which I'm thankful for because most kids spent their childhood watching television. Some of the toys, cards and other things I loved playing with were.

  • Pogs
  • Pokemon Cards(got boring fast and turned into scamming the younger kids for money)
  • Magic Card(realized that it took away a ton of my money so I stopped)
  • Yo Yo's
  • Lego's (these are the shiz)
  • BB guns
  • Game boy color
  • The old school nintendo(Mario, and battle toads were the best)
  • Trampolines(playing 1,2,3 bounce, or crack the egg)
  • Night Games
  • Burning little sisters stuff
  • Scooters(Yeah I was in a Scooter gang, brothers for life)
  • Bunk beds
  • Tickle monster
  • Neopets
  • Maple Story (biggest mistake of my life)
  • Sledding(which is still the shiz)
This is just some of the things that I enjoyed as a kid, when Money, Education, a Job was not a worry and when picking on the girls you liked was a way to show them that you liked them. I encourage you all to look back at the old days and think of all the fun you had.

3 comments:

Lovely Lizzy said...

One, Two, Three, Four, I declare a bum war! Can't believe you forgot that one.
I loved Pogs too. I wish I never would have gotten rid of my pogs and slammers.

Marf said...

I loved that blast from the past. We need to not lose that part of our childhood that brought us uncomplicated joy. I miss that. Here's to joy and fun in the new year. Bring back my go cart, kick the can, the "art gallery" Joslyn and I made in her parent's bathroom, the Hardy Boys (I was totally going to marry Shaun Cassidy), card board box cars, all that good stuff. No worries, more carefree!

Becka said...

I don't quite get the gameboy thing, but the rest of that was a fun blast from the past. I enjoyed the bit of Power Rangers I saw on the computer the other day, but I've got to say I think the whole franchise started to slide when the green ranger turned into the white ranger, it throws off the whole scheme, if you ask me. I also enjoyed the pics of your Lego moment, you're so funny. Hope your light bulb replacing went well.