Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hmmm.... Murse

So as most of you know I started school this week, and I can only explain it as a pain in my side. My first class of the first day was chemistry which was jam packed with students sitting on stairs and some outside talking about how it is full and they didn't know what to do. Which just kinda pissed me off just cause someone made a mistake with the registration on the class. I soon learned that when I signed up for 2 chemistry classes (the lab and the lecture) I actually signed up for 2 more classes which didn't count as credit but did count for a grade in the class. This just made me stressed reading it. So I went home and spoke with friends and family members about the problems and deciding if I should change me major because I'm just not cut out for Mechanical Engineering. Then someone (Dean my brother in laws dad) came up with the amazing thought of being a Murse (male nurse) which is the field I originally wanted to go into when I graduated High school. I wanted to be a doctor but soon realized that Med school was both expensive and long and so I quickly went in the other direction, but mursing school seems to be a lot cheaper and less time consuming. After telling many people that I have changed my major I have got friends telling me that they have friends and parents I can talk to that can help lead me in the right direction. So hopefully I stay with this major and one day I will be a registered murse.

3 comments:

Marf said...

don't kick yourself for changing majors, it's better than putting a ton of money into something you really don't want to do. I promise not to call you a girl (unless you are behaving like one). You are fantastic and will succeed at whatever you try. I am just excited that you found something that appeals to you. Mursing is awesome. Maybe you can get us drugs, it will be awesome!

Becka said...

Well, I may not have advice you'd like to follow, seeing as I've been in school for 6 years and still don't really know what I want to be when I grow up. However, as long as you're enjoying being in school I say keep it up, majoring switching and everything. And if you're going to be a murse be a super murse, not a bed-pan-changing murse. Good luck with this semester! And we need to talk about Rancid soon (and maybe Weezer???)

LM said...

I am so proud of my handsome little murse...such a good boy!