Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Good the Bad and the Ugly

Okay okay, so I know that the latest blogs that I have been doing are pretty much rants to the world, that are never really happy thoughts and I try to find happy thoughts to put into them but I have discovered that this form of ranting helps me calm down instead of taking it out on the people I love.
So let us start with the good, and that is it is starting to look more like spring which is great I love the warm but at the same time I love the snow, I never really went snowboarding this season and I wish I could have gone more but time just was not on my side this winter. That is okay though I love the spring as well because I can start to do other outdoor activities, such as hiking! Yes hiking the one activity that you can do and let all the worries of your business and commercial life go. I plan to hike everywhere. Also I have given up Facebook for lent so until Easter I will not be on. The good thing about that is I actually get more time in my life, instead of being Mr. Have to know it all and look at everyone's profile I spend it on more useful things, like homework, emailing teachers, and being just plain awesome. (I think I used the wrong word there)
Okay for the bad, I got a horrid score on my chem test, but I'm not going to blame anyone but myself for this one because I was irresponsible and under-estimated the test which is my problem with a lot of tests and I wish I did not have this problem but I do. I feel that I'm too smart for the test and so I barely study and I don't stay for the reviews just because I would rather spend my time doing other things like talking with friends, or messing with photoshop. But no worries right now both of the classes that I have struggled in with tests have very awesome prof. who believe in giving the students a second chance and if you do well on the other tests you shoult not worry about the bad grade, so cross your fingers and hopefully all pass with all A's and B's I could live with maybe a C but not all C's. So I will be working hard for the rest.
Alright so lets get to the down right ugly.... Mormons yes Mormons and not just mormons I'm talking about Utah Mormons, I really don't associate with these Utah Mormons I just hear through the grape vine about them. Utah Mormons are prideful arrogent LDS people who believe that if you are not like them then you are scum and they don't associate with scum it seems that they have become a pseudo-hollywood where in hollywood the highest on the class system is the A list and you have to have a certain amount of fame to be on the A list. For some celebs the feel they can treat other celebs like scum because they arent as cool. (wow look how much has changed from the high school years). These Utah LDS members are trying to gain a ton of what I'll call "holy".(I'm not saying its bad to be good and dilagent) Its when they feel that they have gained more holy than others that they begin to be prideful and treat other like crap. It becomes worse when a group of the "high holy people" and they all begin to spread rumors and look at people with glaring looks. (I swear.. I thought I was finished with high school 3 years ago) I have heard many stories of people doing absurd things in church, these things are worthy of them getting a slap in the face. Most of the time its in the young adults the ones who did so well in high school that they conciously want to keep it the same as high school, lets face it, in college when a peer talks back to you or doesn't agree with you you don't have a teacher to sit there and hold your hand, and trying to spread rumors is even immature for high school students, I have to deal with enough drama as a group leader for elementary students. It's also very immature to try and tell others not to hang out with the non LDS people because they will bring you down. I have one question for that comment which is a comment that I have heard more than once, how in the world are you supposed to share the gospel if you can't associate yourself with the non LDS members, this comment is mainly for the males if you can't make friends with the non LDS ones your not going to go far in the mission field in most cases you build a friendship while you preach to them, sure there are a few cases where they have just wanted to join the church because of a feeling but the missionaries still had to be nice to them. Also when parents try and filter their kids friends it just screws the kid up socially. Sure keep the kid away from the drugys and the alcoholics, but not everyone who is non mormon drinks and smokes alot of them are more of a Mormon than some people in the church. I'm not against the church and I'm not trying to prove that the church is horrid in anyway. I'm just sayin some of the members need to grow up, and not only the young adults I have heard of some absurd cases where it has involved older adults.

No comments: